Monday, June 25, 2012

Joys of Painting

More work on Michael.

Patched up the back of his head and have been trying to get him painted up the last couple of nights


I'm a terrible "painter"which is why I cast the head in the final body's base color and then add layers of pastels to add some life to the head. I'm also still very new at this, so I don't have a set technique yet...just winging it.

Matte sealed the pastels and then added acrylic paint for the eyes and hair...seal again. Blended all out with the pastels once more...seal...then spritzed the whole thing with a Satin sealer. Glossed the eyes after that.

Feeling like he's basically done for now...though I may tweak him again in another couple of days when I get a chance to look at him with fresh eyes.

Wish I had a better camera for this...skin texture and vein work really isn't showing up well.



Boo.
 






        .......Monster and "Creator"........